2016-17 Fullbright Visiting Scholar Program for Nepali Post Doctoral Researchers
The Nepal Fulbright Commission (USEF/Nepal) announces the competition for the 2016-17 Fulbright Visiting Scholar Program for Nepali Post-Doctoral Researchers and Senior Artists for academic year 2016-17. Depending on the availability of funding, USEF/Nepal will provide grants to up to two Nepali scholars to conduct post-doctoral research at a U.S. university and/or Nepali artists to undertake an artistic project during the 2016-17 academic year for a period of up to nine months.
GENERAL REQUIREMENTS FOR ENTERING THE COMPETITION
Applicants must complete the online application form www.usefnepal.org/postdoc and provide a fully-developed research or project proposal, and the documentary evidence of the following:
- a recognized doctoral degree (for post-doctoral researchers); recognized professional standing and substantial professional accomplishments (for artists);
- a MINIMUM of three years post-doctoral professional experience in Nepal (for post- doctoral researchers); a MINIMUM of five years of experience in the area and at least three years continuous residence in Nepal prior to the grant application (for artists);
- Nepalese citizenship;
- a certificate of good health; and
- letter of invitation or appointment from a U.S. university (for post-doctoral researchers) or from a U.S. university, museum or other cultural institution (for artists).
- The three confidential letters of reference attesting to your scholarly/artistic ability and the significance of your proposal must be directly mailed, hand-delivered, faxed, or emailed as scanned documents by your referees.
- Artists must submit a portfolio of work in electronic form (if the file is larger than 2mb please leave a copy of the file on a CD or pen drive at the front gate of the USEF-Nepal office in Gyaneshwor);
- For post-doctoral researchers, only those scholars who received their doctorate during the years 2001-2012 are eligible to apply.
Detailed requirements, instructions and the online application forms will be available at www.usefnepal.org/postdoc, after 4 p.m. Friday, October 9, 2015. The online application along with all relevant documents must be submitted by the application deadline before 4 p.m. Monday, November 16, 2015.
Read more: usefnepal.org