Endeavour Scholarships and Fellowships 2017 Round : Australia Awards
Applications for the 2017 round of the Endeavour Scholarships and Fellowships are now open. The Endeavour Scholarships and Fellowships are the Australian Government’s competitive, merit-based scholarships and fellowships providing opportunities for Australians to undertake study, research or professional development overseas and for overseas citizens to do the same in Australia.
The Endeavour Scholarships and Fellowships aim to build Australia’s reputation for excellence in the provision of education and research, support the internationalization of the Australian higher education and research sectors and offer high-achieving individuals from overseas and Australia opportunities to increase their productivity and expertise in their field.
- Endeavour Postgraduate Scholarship (international applicants only): The Endeavour Postgraduate Scholarship provides financial support for international applicants to undertake a postgraduate qualification at a Masters or PhD level either by coursework or research in any field in Australia for up to four years.
- Endeavour Vocational Education and Training (VET) Scholarship (International applicants only) : The Endeavour VET Scholarship provides financial support for international applicants to undertake VET at a Diploma, Advanced Diploma or Associate Degree level in any field in Australia for up to two and a half years. VET provides occupational or work-related knowledge and skills. The courses are directly related to a trade, occupation or 'vocation' in which the applicant participates. These courses exclude degree and higher level programmes normally delivered by universities.
- Endeavour Research Fellowship (Australian and international applicants): The Endeavour Research Fellowship provides financial support for international postgraduate students and postdoctoral fellows to undertake short-term research (4-6 months) towards an overseas Masters, PhD or postdoctoral research in any field in Australia, and for Australian postgraduate students and postdoctoral fellows to undertake short-term research (4-6 months) towards an Australian Masters, PhD or postdoctoral research, in any field, overseas.
- Endeavour Executive Fellowship (Australian and international applicants): The Endeavour Executive Fellowship provides financial support towards professional development opportunities (1-4 months) for high achievers in business, industry, education or government for international and Australian applicants. The Endeavour Executive Fellowship focuses on learning and building skills and knowledge through a host work environment in the applicant’s field or area of expertise rather than through formal enrolment in a study programme.
How to apply
Steps required to apply for an Endeavour scholarship or fellowship
- Read these guidelines and the Frequently Asked Questions http://internationaleducation.gov.au/endeavourfaq to gain an understanding of the programme and what is required for an application.
- Review and ensure the minimum eligibility requirements are met.
- Read the terms and conditions (see example attachment). If an Endeavour scholarship or fellowship is offered, the recipient must agree to the terms and conditions and accept within seven days. If the offer is not accepted within this period, the offer may be withdrawn.
- Once the application period is open, an application can be started by registering on Endeavour Online. Instructions can be found http://internationaleducation.gov.au/endeavourapplications
- To be considered for more than one scholarship or fellowship an applicant is required to lodge a separate application for each category.
- Note the unique application ID and reference in any correspondence with the department.
- Complete responses to the selection criteria and upload supporting documentation .
- Finalise and submit an application. Once an application has been successfully submitted an automated email acknowledging the receipt of the application will be sent to the email address provided. Once an application has been submitted, no further changes (including addition of documents) can be made.