6th Asia-Pacific Conference on Public Health | 1st ASEAN Health Promotion Conference
6th Asia-Pacific Conference on Public Health taking place on 23-26 August, 2016
Venue: Asia Hotel Bangkok, Thailand. Bangkok, Thailand.
This year’s conference will be held in conjunction with the 1st ASEAN Health Promotion Conference (AUN-HPN).The conference will be co-hosted by ASEAN Institute for Health Development, Mahidol University and Department of Health, Ministry of Public Health, Thailand.
The purpose of the 2-day conference is to bring together researchers, policy makers, donors and international organizations, civil society, and communities to:
- Exchange information, views, and experiences on recent advances in the field of public health and primary health care post-Millennium era;
- Discuss problems that need to be explored regarding health and social aspects, including obstacles to the application of what is known;
- Look for effective approaches to those problems and obstacles, including enabling policies for the scale-up of proven interventions;
- Make professional contacts and network; and
- Keep track of what -- and who -- is current in the field.
The conference will focus on topics such as Public Health and Disease Surveillance, Determinants of Disease and Epidemics, Health Promotion, Prevention and Protection, Alliances for Health and Sustainable Development, Innovative Primary Health Care for Sustainable Development, and District Health System Management Learning: Transformative Learning.