Call for Abstracts - World Congress on Public Health 2017(26 August 2016)
Call for Abstracts
The Scientific Committee for the World Congress on Public Health 2017 invites authors to submit abstracts for presentation at WCPH2017. Submissions are sought for a number of different presentation types and can be made via the Presenters’ Portal above.
All abstracts must follow the instructions listed below and be submitted online by 26 August 2016. Please note that the closing date for abstract submission will not be extended and abstracts will only be accepted if the author has registered and paid by the presenter registration deadline of 7 December 2016.
All accepted abstracts will be included within the Congress Proceedings and registered delegates will receive an electronic copy prior to the Congress.
All enquiries regarding abstracts for WCPH2017 should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dates and DeadlinesCall for Abstracts opens :11 April 2016
Call for Abstracts closes : 26 August 2016
Authors notified of results : October 2016
Presenter registration deadline : 7 December 2016
Abstract Submission Details
- Only abstracts submitted in English will be reviewed.
- Abstracts should be original work.
- An abstract must be submitted by the presenting author.
- A maximum of two (2) abstracts can be submitted per presenting author.
- Abstracts must not exceed 250 words (excluding the title, authors and affiliations) and should follow the instructions within the submission portal
- All abbreviations must be spelled out on first use.
- Abstracts should be thoroughly checked for spelling and grammar.
- Abstracts must be submitted by 26 August 2016 for consideration by the Scientific Committee. Authors will be notified of provisional acceptance of abstracts by October 2016, including the presentation type it has been accepted for.
- To be formally accepted, abstract authors must be registered and paid to attend the Conference by 7 December 2016.
- Limited references should be used (e.g. Smith 1999) and only if necessary.
- Only those abstracts formally accepted will be published in the Congress Proceedings as submitted. Should you require changes you can make amendments via the Presenters’ Portal until 26 August 2016. Please ensure you check your data carefully before submitting as changes or additions will not be accepted after the Call for Abstracts closes.
- Any initially accepted authors who do not register and pay by 7 December will have their abstract/s withdrawn.
- The Scientific Committee of the World Congress on Public Health values diversity and principles of equity. If you are from a Non-English Speaking Background and would like assistance with English language editing prior to submission, please free to contact email@example.com prior to submission.
Abstract Themes Authors will need to select 3-5 of the following themes for their abstract submission depending on which are the most applicable. The themes are based on a larger list of keywords which will encapsulate the information that is due to be included in the Congress program. View the full list of keywords here.
- Capturing information
- Communicable diseases
- Communities and Environments
- Equity in health
- Health in crisis
- Health promotion
- Health systems
- Health-related behaviours
- Influence in health
- Life stages
- Non-communicable diseases
- Research methodologies and methods
Abstracts may be submitted for one of the following presentation types:
- Oral: A 15 minute spoken presentation, including question and answer time (i.e. 12mins presentation + 3 mins Q&A). Presenters show the research and/or findings of their accepted abstract in a Power Point presentation.
- Digital Poster: Digital posters will be presented via touch screens and accepted presenters will be provided with a template to create the appropriate presentation file. Delegates will be able to view all accepted posters at the Congress via the touch screens or available computers, as well as online up to 6 months after the event. The option will also be available for delegates to get in contact with poster authors via the online system provided should they wish to enquire about a particular poster. Digital poster presenters will be allocated a specific time to present within the Congress program.
- Workshop: A 90 minute session. Workshops vary from other presentation types in that they aim to provide participants with the opportunity to develop new skills. This may take the form of a combination of some limited didactic presentation combined with activities, interactive group or individual work. Presenters should identify learning objectives in their abstract.
- Panel Discussion: Panel sessions include 3-4 speakers or more, each of whom talks for 15-20 minutes on a similar topic. Panels may also have a facilitator who comments on the papers/presentations individually and as a group.
- Storytelling: Stories and narratives are an important evidence source in many cultures. This presentation type provides an inclusive space for Congress participants to share stories in an informal way. It is envisaged that stories will be no longer than 20 minutes in length followed by 10 minutes of open discussion with session participants. Story sessions may involve multiple contributors. Whilst every effort will be made to accept an abstract for the presentation type selected in the submission process, the Scientific Committee reserves the right to allocate a different presentation type if more appropriate and if program space is limited.
Terms and Conditions
- The submission of an abstract indicates an understanding of the following rules for participation in WCPH2017:
- All author(s) approve submitting this work for presentation.
- The author(s) transfer(s) all copyright ownership of the named abstract to WCPH2017.
- The author(s) agree(s) to materially confine their presentations to information in the abstract if accepted for presentation. If an author has more than one abstract accepted, each presentation will be materially confined to the information in the abstract selected for the specific session.
- At least one author will be available to present the abstract if selected for the program. The authors will immediately notify the WCPH 2017 Secretariat if they are unable to present an abstract or if the presenting author is changed. The organisers reserve the right to remove a presentation from the program.