INTERNSHIP PROGRAM - PUBLIC HEALTH EVIDENCE SOUTH ASIA
PUBLIC HEALTH EVIDENCE SOUTH ASIA
The PHESA is part of a satellite of the Cochrane Public Health Group, is based within Manipal University and aiming to meet the public health evidence needs of the South Asia region. The activities is headquartered in Manipal ,led by Prof.Sreekumaran Nair (Dr. TMA Pai Endowment Chair in Systematic Reviews and Evidence Based Public Health, & Statistical Editor, CPHG) .The major task of PHESA will be to build capacity to address the priorities of low and middle income countries in the domain of evidence based public health
Objectives of PHESA
- Mentor systematic review authors from LMIC and support conduct of systematic reviews on the effectiveness of public health interventions relevant to LMIC
- Develop and implement Strategies to convert evidence into policy and practice through advocacy and networking with stakeholders
- Disseminate evidence of effect of public health intervention to general public consumption in the form of printed materials/posters, videos etc. in collaboration with Manipal University Press and other related institutions like MIC
- Primary research including methodological development ,Knowledge dissemination and advocacy
PHESA is associated with Cochrane Collaboration, University of Melbourne, Nossal Institute for Global Health,Robert Gordon University,3ie (International Initiative for Impact Evaluation),Population Services International, Indian Institute of Public Health, Ahmedabad, and Delhi,Public Health foundation of India (PHFI) ,Centre for Chronic Disease Control etc
PHESA proposes to offer internship opportunity on different dynamic projects. Internships in our organization are a great way to learn and enhance your skills in evidence building, communicating , policy framing and getting an experience in various research methods. This will also open up an opportunity to interact and work with international organizations.
Prospective candidates :
- Graduate/postgraduate students of any discipline (Allied health, sciences,medicine, dentistry, public health, nursing ,biostatistics, sociology, economics, arts, humanities, communication, management, engineering), well-organized ; able to complete tasks in a timely and efficient manner ,work well as both a team member and independently and professional-level of fluency in written and spoken English. Having analytical skill will be an added advantage.
- It is an ongoing programme, the first batch begins from July 1st.
Duration of internship : 1 month, 3 months and 6 months
How to apply :
Interested candidates are requested to email your cv on email@example.com.
only selected students will be contacted for the interview.
For Internship Application Form click here
For Brochure click here
For further details,Contact,Dr. N. Sreekumaran Nair, PhDDr. TMA Pai Endowment Chair in Systematic Reviews and Evidence Based Public Health, & Statistical Editor, CPHG,Professor of Biostatistics and Head,Department of Statistics,ManipalUniversity,Ph : 0820-2922407, 9986328261http://www.phesa.manipal.edu/