Australia Awards Scholarships (1 February 2017 - 30 April 2017)
What are Australia Awards?
Australia Awards are prestigious international Scholarships and Fellowships funded by the Australian Government. They offer the next generation of global leaders an opportunity to undertake study, research and professional development in Australia and for high-achieving Australians to do the same overseas.
What are Australia Awards Scholarships?
Australia Awards Scholarships are long term development awards administered by the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade.
They aim to contribute to the long term development needs of Australia's partner countries in line with bilateral and regional agreements. They provide opportunities for people from developing countries, particularly those countries located in the Indo-Pacific region, to undertake full time undergraduate or postgraduate study at participating Australian universities and Technical and Further Education institutions.
The study and research opportunities provided by Australia Awards Scholarships develop skills and knowledge of individuals to drive change and contribute to the development outcomes of their own country.
Which Australian institutions participate in Australia Awards Scholarships?
A list of participating institutions for Intake 2018 is available here.
What benefits are provided as part of Australia Awards Scholarships?
The Awards are offered for the minimum period necessary for the individual to complete the academic program specified by the Australian higher education institution, including any preparatory training. The following benefits generally apply:
- Full tuition fees
- Return air travel - payment of a single return, economy class airfare to and from Australia, via the most direct route
- Establishment allowance-a once only payment of A$5,000 as a contribution towards accommodation expenses, text books, study materials
- Contribution to Living Expenses (CLE) - is a fortnightly contribution to basic living expenses paid at a rate determined by the department
- Introductory Academic Program (IAP) - a compulsory 4-6 week program prior to the commencement of formal academic studies covering information on life and study in Australia
- Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) for the duration of the award (for award holder only) - provided to cover the student's basic medical costs
- Supplementary Academic Support may be available to ensure a Scholar's academic success or enhance their academic experience
Please check the Australia Awards Scholarships Policy Handbook for a detailed discussion about Scholarship benefits and entitlements.