Graduate Research Scholarships - University of Melbourne
Graduate Research Scholarships
The University of Melbourne offers the following Graduate Research Scholarships:
Melbourne Research Scholarships (MRS)
- Established by the University of Melbourne, this scholarship is available to high achieving domestic and international students undertaking a Master by research degree or Doctoral degree.
- The University awards over 300 scholarships per year.
Australian Government Research Training Program Scholarships (RTP)
- Established by the Australian Commonwealth Government, this scholarship is available to high achieving domestic and international students undertaking a Master by research degree or Doctoral by research degree.
- The University awards over 300 scholarships per year.Benefits
- The benefits of the Graduate Research Scholarship vary depending on the applicant's circumstances and may include one or more of the following:
- Full fee offset for up to 2 years for students undertaking a Master by research degree or up to 4 years for students undertaking a Doctoral degree.
- Living allowance for up to 2 years for students undertaking a Master by research degree or up to 3.5 years for students undertaking a Doctoral degree. The living allowance may be indexed annually and includes limited paid sick, maternity and parenting leave.
- Relocation grant for students moving to Melbourne from interstate or from outside Australia
- Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) Single Membership for international students who require a student visa to study in Australia
For more details, see Graduate Research Scholarship benefits.
- To be considered for a Graduate Research Scholarship, you must have applied for and meet the entry requirements for a Master by research or Doctoral degree at the University of Melbourne, or be currently enrolled in a research degree at the University of Melbourne.
If you are a new student and have applied for a Graduate Research Degree by the relevant closing date, you will be automatically considered for the Graduate Research Scholarships. You will receive a notification that a scholarship application has been added to your record within 7 days of having submitted your course application.
If you are currently enrolled in a graduate research degree for which you seek a scholarship, you must submit an online application form by the relevant closing date. You will receive a notification that a scholarship application has been added to your record within 7 days of having submitted the online form.
The University assesses applications for courses and scholarships on an ongoing basis. For specific closing dates, please refer to:
- The Graduate Research Scholarships are awarded based on academic merit. Eligible applicants are scored and ranked according to their academic achievement of their last completed degree and their research potential in their field of study. Factors such as relevant professional experience, refereed publications, specialist medical qualifications or composition of original music may be taken into consideration.
- For more detailed information about the Melbourne Research Scholarship, please refer to the Graduate Research Scholarships Terms and Conditions.
If you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact here.